- You have the right to receive factual and comprehensive information about the colleges and universities you are applying to, including information about the required GPA, SAT/ACT scores, application process, letters of recommendation, essay requirements, deadlines, resume and/or interview requirements, and any separate merit scholarship information.
- You have the right to wait until May 1 to respond to an offer of admission and/or financial aid. Candidates admitted under Early Decision are the exception to the May 1 right.
- You have a right to be free from high pressure sales tactics by any college admission’s officer.
- If you are placed on a wait list by the college of your choice, you have a right to receive a history which includes the number of students on the wait list, the number of offered admissions, and the availability of financial aid and housing.
- Should you try to contact me in any way, you have the right to hear from me within 48 hours, via email, text, or phone.
- You have a right to receive honest feedback from me.
- You have a responsibility to understand and comply with the policies and procedures of each college or university you are applying to regarding application fees, financial aid, scholarships and housing. You should be sure you understand the policies of each college or university regarding deposits you may be required to make before you enroll.
- You have the responsibility to complete all material required for application and submit your application on or before the published deadlines. You should be the sole author of your application. I will support you in editing and revising your essay(s) but will not write it for you.
- You have the responsibility to seek the assistance of any adults who you will be asking to write a recommendation early and often throughout this process. Any adults that you will be asking to write a letter of recommendation should receive your request at least a month in advance.
- You have the responsibility to arrange, if appropriate, for visits and/or interviews at the colleges of your choice
- You have the responsibility to notify each college or university that accepts you whether you are accepting or rejecting their offer.
- You have the responsibility if you are accepted under an Early Decision Plan to promptly withdraw the applications from any college or university and make no additional applications.
- You have the responsibility to honestly share your thoughts, feelings and ideas during this process.